Terms and Conditions for
Netspend Corporation’s Earned Wage Access Referral Program
- About this Referral Program
- Netspend Corporation (“Netspend”) is offering the Referral Program referenced above (the “Referral Program”) so that You and Your Co-Worker can receive a reward if both You and Your Co-Worker satisfy the requirements of these Terms and Conditions (the “Referral Terms”). Please carefully review the Referral Terms before You decide whether to participate in the Referral Program. From time to time, Netspend might provide two or more different referral programs, including during overlapping time periods, and the Referral Terms may vary for each referral program. Thus, even if you previously participated in one of Netspend’s referral programs, the Referral Terms of this Referral Program may vary.
- Deadline for Participation: Midnight (CT), Monday, April 24, 2023.
That means that if You and Your Co-Worker do not take the steps required by that date, You may not be eligible for a Referral Reward under this Referral Program.
- Netspend’s Rights to Change the Referral Terms: At any time prior to the time that You and Your Co-Worker take steps to participate in the Referral Program, Netspend may change certain provisions of the Referral Terms, so long as the change made does not adversely restrict the rights that You or Your Co-Worker may have as a result of receiving an invitation to participate in this Referral Program. Please review the Referral Terms each time You elect to participate in the Referral Program.
Co-Worker means the individual who: (i) is selected solely at the discretion of the Referring Person, (ii) at the time that the individual seeks to use the Netspend EWA App for the Services (e.g., after being selected by the Referring Person), does not have an account with Netspend for the Services; and (iii) at the time that the individual seeks to use the Netspend EWA App for the Services is eligible for using the Services. Except as Netspend otherwise may determine, in its sole discretion, eligibility for the Services depends on whether the individual is employed by an employer-entity that is a customer of Netspend. (If the individual works for an employer-entity that is not a Netspend customer for the Services, then that individual may not be eligible to be a “Co-Worker” for the Referral Program.)
Co-Worker Reward is the Referral Reward that the Co-Worker may receive.
Netspend EWA App means the Netspend Earned Wage Access mobile application.
Referral Code means the unique code, hyperlink, or other technical mechanism provided by Netspend to the Referring Person within the Netspend EWA App which is designed solely for the Referring Person to provide to one or more Co-Workers for use in the Referral Program.
Referral Page means the button or screen on the Netspend EWA App which Netspend uses to enable the Referring Person to participate in the Referral Program or otherwise use the Referral Code.
Referral Reward is the generic term for the reward which is delivered to either Referring Person or Co-Worker, as the case may be. The nature or value of the Referral Reward may vary, such as one type for a Referring Person and a distinctive type for the Co-Worker (including within the same Referral Program). Section (3) of Article IV of these Referral Terms describes the particular Referral Reward(s) involved in this Referral Program.
Referral Terms means these Terms and Conditions, including updates and amendments.
Referring Person means the individual who (i) currently uses the Netspend EWA App and has an account with Netspend for the Services and (ii) provides the Referral Code to the Co-Worker. A Referring Person also includes an individual who first is a Co-Worker and, thereafter, participates in a Referral Program in the capacity of a Referring Person.
Referring Person Reward is the Referral Reward that the Referring Person may receive.
Services means the products and services provided by Netspend in relation to the Netspend Earned Wage Access solution, which products and services are subject to the then-current Terms of Services and other related contracts between (i) Netspend and Referring Person and (ii) Netspend and Co-Worker, as the case may be.
We (or “our” or “Netspend”) means Netspend Corporation with its office located at:
10900-A Stonelake Blvd, Suite 200, Austin TX 78759
Netspend’s email address is: EWAsupport@netspend.com
You (or “your”) means the Referring Person.
Any undefined capitalized terms set forth herein have the meaning given to them in the then-current Terms of Service applicable to Your use of the Netspend EWA App.
- You. You are eligible for this Referral Program if you either (i) have access to the Referral Page on the Netspend EWA App or (ii) receive a promotion from Netspend via email, to the email address that you have linked to your use of the Netspend EWA App. If you do not have access to the “Invite and Earn” option in the Rewards section of the Netspend EWA App, or do not receive an email from Netspend for this Referral Program, you are not eligible for this Referral Program.
- Co-Worker. The Co-Worker is eligible for a Co-Worker Reward under this Referral Program only if the Co-Worker receives the Referral Code from You. In addition, at the time that the individual seeks to use the Referral Code, the Co-Worker must not have an account with Netspend for the Services. IMPORTANT INFORMATION: Each Co-Worker must be an individual who, at the time the individual seeks to use the Netspend EWA App for the Services through the use of the Referral Code, is eligible for using the Services. Eligibility for the Services depends on whether the individual is employed by an employer that is a customer of Netspend for the Services. For example, if You work for two employers—i.e., “Employer (1)” and “Employer (2)”—and You are allowed to use the Netspend EWA App through Your work only with Employer (1), then another individual who works with Employer (1) may be Your “Co-Worker” for the purposes of this Referral Program. An individual who works with You at Employer (2) may not be eligible for this Referral Program because that individual is not employed by an employer-entity that is a customer of Netspend for the Services.
- Netspend Employees or Contractors Not Eligible. Any individual who is an employee of Netspend, contractor of Netspend, or employee or contractor of any affiliate of Netspend, is not eligible for any Referral Program.
- The Referral Program
- How It Works.
- For You to earn a Referring Person Reward, You must invite at least one (1) Co-Worker to enroll for the Services with the Netspend EWA App, and any Co-Worker invited must complete all of the steps in subsection (B) of this section. After each Co-Worker completes the required steps, Netspend (or its service provider) will deliver the Referring Person Reward to You to the email address that you have provided in the Netspend EWA App. Please allow two (2) to three (3) weeks for delivery, though in most cases the Referring Person Reward will be made available to You within a few days after the Co-Worker has completed all of the required steps for this Referral Program. Inviting someone to open an account and use the Netspend EWA App through a Referral Program is easy. Just open your Netspend EWA App, tap on the Referral Page, which is a button labeled “Rewards.” Additionally, if You receive an email about the Referral Program, then follow the instructions on the email that Netspend sent to you. Please note: If you do not see the Referral Page, You are not eligible for this Referral Program.
- For the Co-Worker and for you to qualify for the Referral Reward(s), the Co-Worker must both (i) open an account with Netspend for the Services for the first time by using Your Referral Code and (ii) use the Netspend EWA App to complete at least one (1) EWA transfer transaction to a Debit Card. Please note: If the Co-Worker signs up for Netspend EWA App without using Your Referral Code, then neither the Co-Worker nor You will qualify for the Referral Reward(s). When the Co-Worker uses the Netspend EWA App with Your Referral Code, Netspend must approve the opening of a new account for the Services. To establish a new account, the Co-Worker must complete Netspend’s review process (sometimes referred to as the “Know Your Customer” process) so that Netspend can verify the individual’s identity and validate the individual’s preferred financial account for using the Netspend EWA App. This means that, even if the Co-Worker uses Your Referral Code, no Referral Reward(s) will be issued to You or to the Co-Worker unless the Co-Worker: (i) is approved for the Netspend EWA App and (ii) makes a transaction via the Netspend EWA App. To guard against fraud or misuse, Netspend reserves the right to monitor the use of the Referral Code(s) and any transactions conducted by a Co-Worker. If the Co-Worker closes the account for the Netspend EWA App or reverses a transaction, Netspend may suspend or withhold any Referral Reward.
- You. (i) Annual Limit. In general, You may use all of the Referral Codes that are made available to You, so long as You do so prior to the deadline for the applicable referral program (including this Referral Program). You also may use multiple Referral Codes during any calendar year, but You and each Co-Worker must qualify under the requirements that apply to each referral program in order to receive any Referral Reward for such referral program (including this Referral Program). Netspend may restrict the number or amounts of each or all of the Referral Rewards; in addition, in each calendar year, the aggregate fair market value of Referral Rewards for all referral programs (including this Referral Program) offered by Netspend to You may not exceed $300.00. (ii) This Referral Program. For this Referral Program (“Feb 2023-April 2023”), the maximum amount of the Referring Person Rewards that you may receive is $300.00.
(B) Co-Worker. For any particular referral program (including this Referral Program), a Co-Worker may receive only one Co-Worker Reward.
- The Referral Rewards. In this Referral Program:
- The Referring Person Reward is an Amazon.com Gift Card in the amount of $10.00; and
- The Co-Worker Reward is an Amazon.com Gift Card in the amount of $5.00.
- Netspend does not offer or sponsor the Amazon.com Gift Card, and Netspend does not control the terms and conditions that may apply to the Amazon.com Gift Card. As of the time that this Referral Program was initiated, the terms and conditions for the Amazon.com Gift Card are available at https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html%3FnodeId=3122091?ref_=pe_906650_ 284786740
IMPORTANT INFORMATION: Please note that the Amazon Gift Card may be redeemed only toward the purchase of eligible goods and services provided by Amazon.com Services LLC (and its affiliates) in the United States of America, and is subject to Amazon’s Amazon.com Gift
Card Terms and Conditions.
- Termination. Netspend may, acting in its sole discretion, suspend or terminate the Referral Program(s) at any time. The Referral Program terminates on the date of the deadline stated in the Referral Terms or on the date that Netspend otherwise specifies, whichever is earlier.
- Taxes. The value of any Referral Reward may result in miscellaneous income received from Netspend under applicable law. You and each Co-Worker are individually responsible for any tax liability or for filing any tax forms related to participation in the Referral Program. Please consult Your tax advisor (not Netspend) if You have any questions about how Your participation in the Referral Program could affect Your taxes.
Dispute Resolution and Notices. The Referral Program is governed by the Terms of Service that apply to Your use of the Netspend EWA App and of the Services. This means that, in the event of any dispute between you and Netspend or between a Co-Worker and Netspend, the terms or conditions of the Referral Terms will be applied under the applicable provisions of the Terms of Service. Please note: The Terms of Service contain an “Arbitration Notice” section and a “Dispute Resolution, Mandatory Arbitration and Class Action Waiver” section which requires you and Netspend (as well as Netspend and any Co-Worker who agrees to the Terms of Service when opening an account for the Services) to resolve any dispute by mandatory arbitration.