Terms and Conditions for
Rain’s Referral Program
I. About this Referral Program
(1) Rain Technologies Inc. is offering this Referral Program so that you and your co-worker can receive a reward if both of you satisfy the requirements of these Terms and Conditions (the “Referral Terms”). Please carefully review the Referral Terms before you decide whether to participate in the Referral Program. From time to time, Rain might provide two or more different Referral Programs, including during overlapping time periods, and the Referral Terms may vary for each Referral Program. Thus, even if you previously participated in one of Rain’s Referral Programs, the Referral Terms of this Referral Program may vary.
(2) Deadline for Participation: September 30, 2023 (midnight PT).
That means that if you and your co-worker do not take the steps required by that date, you may not be eligible for a Reward under this Referral Program.
(3) Rain’s Rights to Change the Referral Terms: At any time prior to the time that you and your co-worker take steps to participate in the Referral Program, Rain may change certain provisions of the Referral Terms, so long as the change made does not adversely restrict the rights that you or your co-worker may have as a result of receiving an invitation to participate in this Referral Program. Please review the Referral Terms each time you elect to participate in the Referral Program.
Co-Worker means the individual who: (i) is selected solely at the discretion of the Referring Person, (ii) at the time that the individual seeks to use the Rain App for the Services (e.g., after being selected by the Referring Person), does not have an account with Rain for the Services; and (iii) at the time that the individual seeks to use the Rain App for the Services is eligible to use the Services. Except as Rain otherwise may determine, in its sole discretion, eligibility for the Services depends on whether the individual is employed by an employer-entity that is a customer of Rain. (If the individual works for an employer-entity that is not a customer of Rain, then that individual is not be eligible to be a “Co-Worker” for the Referral Program.)
Co-Worker Reward is the Referral Reward that the Co-Worker may receive.
Rain App means the Rain mobile application.
Referral Code means the unique code, hyperlink, or other technical mechanism provided by Rain to the Referring Person which is designed solely for the Referring Person to provide to one or more Co-Workers for use in the Referral Program.
Referral Page means the button or screen on the Rain App which Rain uses to enable the Referring Person to participate in the Referral Program or otherwise use the Referral Code.
Referral Reward is the generic term for the reward which is delivered to either Referring Person or Co-Worker, as the case may be. The nature or value of the Referral Reward may vary, such as one type for a Referring Person and a distinctive type for the Co-Worker (including within the same Referral Program). Section (3) of Article IV of these Referral Terms describes the particular Referral Reward(s) involved in this Referral Program.
Referral Terms means these Terms and Conditions, including updates and amendments.
Referring Person means the individual who (i) currently uses the Rain App and has an account with Rain for the Services and (ii) provides the Referral Code to the Co-Worker. A Referring Person also includes an individual who first is a Co-Worker and, thereafter, participates in a Referral Program in the capacity of a Referring Person.
Referring Person Reward is the Referral Reward that the Referring Person may receive.
Services means the products and services provided by Rain, which products and services are subject to the then-current Terms of Services and other related contracts between (i) Rain and Referring Person and (ii) Rain and Co-Worker, as the case may be.
We (or “our” or “Rain”) means Rain Technologies Inc., with its office located at:
209 10th Ave S
Nashville TN 37203-0702
Rain’s email address is: firstname.lastname@example.org
You (or “your”) means the Referring Person.
(1) You. You are eligible for this Referral Program if you either (i) have access to the Referral Page on the Rain App or (ii) receive a promotion from Rain via email, to the email address that you have linked to your use of the Rain App. If you do not have access to the Referral Page or do not receive an email from Rain for this Referral Program, you are not eligible for this Referral Program.
(2) Co-Worker. The Co-Worker is eligible for a Co-Worker Reward under this Referral Program only if the Co-Worker receives the Referral Code from you. In addition, at the time that the individual seeks to use the Referral Code, the Co-Worker must not have an account with Rain for the Services. IMPORTANT INFORMATION: Each Co-Worker must be an individual who, at the time the individual seeks to use the Rain App for the Services through the use of the Referral Code, is eligible for using the Services. Eligibility for the Services depends on whether the individual is employed by an employer that is a customer of Rain. For example, if you work for two employers—i.e., “Employer (1)” and “Employer (2)”—and you are allowed to use the Rain App through your work only with Employer (1), then another individual who works with Employer (1) may be your “Co-Worker” for the purposes of this Referral Program. An individual who works with you at Employer (2) is not be eligible for this Referral Program because that individual is not employed by an employer-entity that is a customer of Rain.
(3) Rain Employees or Contractors Not Eligible. Any individual who is an employee of Rain, contractor of Rain, or employee or contractor of any affiliate of Rain, is not eligible for any Referral Program.
IV. The Referral Program
(1) How It Works.
(A) For you to earn a Referring Person Reward, you must invite a Co-Worker to enroll with the Rain App, and the Co-Worker must complete all of the steps in subsection (B) of this section. After the Co-Worker completes the required steps, Rain will deliver the Referring Person Reward to you. Please allow two (2) to three (3) weeks for delivery, though in most cases the Referring Person Reward will be made available to you within a few days after the Co-Worker uses the Rain App to qualify for this Referral Program. Inviting someone to open an account and use the Rain App through a Referral Program is easy. Just open your Rain App, tap on the Referral Page, which contains a labeled button for the Referral Program, such as “Invite Co-Workers.” In some cases, you simply need to follow the instructions on the email that Rain sent to you. Please note: If you do not see the Referral Page, you are not eligible for this Referral Program.
(B) For the Co-Worker and for you to qualify for the Referral Reward(s), the Co-Worker must both (i) open an account with Rain for the Services by using the Referral Code and (ii) use the Rain App. Please note: If the Co-Worker signs up for Rain without using your Referral Code, then neither the Co-Worker nor you will qualify for the Referral Reward(s). When the Co-Worker uses the Rain App with the Referral Code, Rain must approve the opening of a new account for the Services. To establish a new account, the Co-Worker must complete Rain’s review process (sometimes referred to as the “Know Your Customer” process) so that Rain can verify the individual’s identity and validate the individual’s preferred financial account for using Rain. In addition, the Co-Worker must make at least one transaction via the Rain App. This means that, even if the Co-Worker uses the Referral Code, no Referral Reward(s) will be issued to you or to the Co-Worker unless the Co-Worker: (i) is approved for the Rain App and (ii) makes a transaction via the Rain App. To guard against fraud or misuse, Rain reserves the right to monitor the use of the Referral Code(s) and any transactions conducted by a Co-Worker. If the Co-Worker closes the account for the Rain App or reverses a transaction, Rain may suspend or withhold any Referral Reward.
(A) You. (i) Annual Limit. In general, you may use all of the Referral Codes that are made available to you, so long as you do so prior to the deadline for that Referral Program. You also may use multiple Referral Codes during a year, but you and each Co-Worker must qualify under the requirements that apply to each Referral Program. Rain may restrict the number or amounts of each or all of the Referral Rewards; in addition, in each calendar year, the aggregate fair market value of Referral Rewards to you may not exceed $500.00. Please note: Any Co-Worker Referral Reward that you receive (i.e., when you previously were a Co-Worker) will count towards the annual limit of $500.00. (ii) This Referral Program. For this Referral Program, the maximum amount of the Referring Person Rewards that you may receive is $300.00.
(C) Co-Worker. For any particular Referral Program, a Co-Worker may receive only one Co-Worker Reward.
(3) The Referral Rewards. In this Referral Program:
(A) The Referring Person Reward is $15.00;
(B) The Co-Worker Reward is $5.00; and
(C) LINKED DEBIT CARD IS CONDITION OF PAYMENT. Rain pays each of the Referring Person Reward of $15.00 and the Co-Worker Reward of $5.00. Rain will only pay the amount of funds for the Referral Reward by initiating a transaction via the debit card linked to the bank account of the Referring Person and the Co-Worker. If the recipient does not link a debit card to the Rain App or if the debit card is expired, then Rain is not responsible for paying the Referral Reward to that recipient. Rain also is not responsible for any payment that is returned by the bank designated by the recipient.
(1) Termination. Rain may, acting in its sole discretion, suspend or terminate the Referral Program(s) at any time. The Referral Program terminates on the date of the deadline stated in the Referral Terms or on the date that Rain otherwise specifies, whichever is earlier.
(2) Taxes. The value of any Referral Reward may result in miscellaneous income received from Rain under applicable law. You and each Co-Worker are individually responsible for any tax liability or for filing any tax forms related to participation in the Referral Program. Please consult your tax advisor (not Rain) if you have any questions about how your participation in the Referral Program could affect your taxes.
(3) Dispute Resolution and Notices. The Referral Program is governed by the Terms of Service that apply to your use of the Rain App and of the Services. This means that, in the event of any dispute between you and Rain or between a Co-Worker and Rain, the terms or conditions of the Referral Terms will be applied under the applicable provisions of the Terms of Service. Please note: The Terms of Service contain an “Arbitration Section” which requires you and Rain (as well as Rain and any Co-Worker who agrees to the Terms of Service when opening an account for the Services) to resolve any dispute by mandatory arbitration.